Automotive Service Advisor Schools
Where the Auto Industry Comes to Recruit
Automotive Training Centre
Automotive Service Advisor Training Course
Earn Your Auto Service Advisor Certificate in Just 13 Weeks!
Automotive Training Centre's ten day automotive service advisor training course is a comprehensive preparation for professional, service-oriented individuals wishing to become automotive service advisors.
Emphasis is placed on developing effective listening skills by learning 7 steps to quickly identifying a customer's needs:
- Translate the customer's interpretation of the problem into realistic, accepted auto repair terminology.
- Train in the use of industry-standard software for auto service advisors.
- Learn proper auto service descriptions of standard repair shop practices.
- Learn how to write complete and accurate shop repair orders.
- Understand how to present the value of dealership service, and sell additional services on top of what was requested.
- Know how important your appearance and demeanor are to the auto service process.
Professional automotive service advisor training is the best way a candidate can gain competency over the many aspects of this demanding job.
Each year cars change in many more ways than just appearance. Engines, transmissions, interiors, etc., may change in minor or major ways. Sometimes warranties change too. Basic to this job is the need to stay up to date. Customers depend on the service advisor to keep them apprised of warranty schedules and regular maintenance schedules. Technicians in the shop -- the mechanics-- depend on service advisors to be aware of special service needs of a particular model.
The service advisor's role is quite different, but not separate from, the technician/mechanic's role. The service advisor contributes to the diagnosis but the final analysis belongs with the shop technician. Key to the service process is the service advisor's ability to translate both the customer's concerns and the actual reality of a repair problem into the standard language of a shop repair order.
Frequently a customer presents his car for repair in a distress situation. It may even be an emergency. The service advisor's demeanor in stressful conditions can make the difference to a satisfactory resolution; it can drive a customer away or keep him coming back again and again. In the same vein, the service advisor's role involves salesmanship as additional services are offered to clients.
Job placement assistance is included in this program.
Automotive Service Advisor is available in:
© 2001 -